Volunteerism is essential to the CAHIIM Mission and the Accreditation Process for ensuring quality programs and continuous quality improvement. Volunteers provide the necessary diversity, experience and leadership roles by serving on the Board of Directors and Councils on Accreditation who evaluate assessments and bestow accreditation decisions.
Definitions of association with Health Information Management (HIM) or Health Informatics (HI)
- HIM: A person is considered to be associated with HIM if he or she holds an HIM-related degree, participates in an HIM educational program, practices in an HIM professional capacity, is a member of an HIM professional association, or is an AHIMA designated nominee.
- HI: A person is considered to associated with HI if he or she holds an HI-related degree, participates in an HI educational program, practices in an HI professional capacity, is a member of an HI professional association, or is an AMIA designated nominee.
- Member organizations are AHIMA and AMIA
NOTE: An individual nominee may be associated with both HI and HIM. (CAHIIM position descriptions):
- Corporate Board of Directors
- Health Informatics Accreditation Council (HIAC)
- Health Information Management Accreditation Council (HIMAC)
Submission of Nominations for 2017 closed as of August 24, 2016.